Her father, Lenny Zakatek was on stage supporting the Small Faces at London’s famous ‘The Roundhouse’, whilst at the same time Amber was being delivered at Mayday Hospital, Croydon, Surrey.
Lenny was the lead singer of the Uk’s legendary band Gonzales, best known for the 70’s disco anthem “I Haven’t Stopped Dancing Yet” and is also the lead vocalist for rock band phenomenon, The Alan Parsons Project.
Amber spent her childhood in the world’s greatest recording studios watching her father, so it was no surprise that she naturally chose a career in music. Not content to be a successful creative alone, Amber developed a vast experience of the actual working mechanics of the music industry. Overtime Amber has gained a wealth of knowledge covering many diverse aspects both as an artist and in management and promotion.
There are many different layers to Amber’s diverse skillset, so please take a look at her website to discover more. You’ll learn that she has over 25 years of experience in many different fields some of which include:
- Talent Scout and Song Plugger
- Music Agent
- TV Presenter
- Music production for ITV’s Big Reunion TV show/tour
- Logistics Guru for several bands some of which include these 90’s Pop bands, B*Witched, 5ive, A1 and The Honeyz.
Just a few of Amber’s other notable accolades include:
- Being offered a deal by arguably the most influential man in music and TV ‘Simon Cowell’, and in turn being put in the studio with pop guru producer ‘Steve Mac’ (Westlife, il Divo, Ed Sheeran, Pink and Little Mix)
- Being signed to BMG Music as a songwriter whilst she was working with multi No1 hit makers Phil Harding and Ian Kernow.
- Hitting No4 in the Japanese album chart through being the only vocalist on ‘Song of Joy” Matsui album recorded for the EMI Toshiba Label. Album musically produced and engineered by Goh Hotoda (Janet Jackson, Madonna, Prince, Duran Duran).
- Working with Bill Colborne as a Songwriter which led to two tracks being recorded by Gina.G and Mathew Marsden.
- Live performance on the Bert Newton Show, Good Morning Australia, with a soulful performance of James Taylor’s, “You Got A Friend”. She was immediately offered a return date.
- Touring Europe as one of the backing singers for Francis Rossi (Status Quo) “One step at a time Tour” and on top of this has supported the likes of Tony Hadley (ex-Spandau Ballet) and David Essex, to name but a few. Major artists all to have recognized and engaged Amber’s rare and distinctive vocal talent.